Sunday, January 13, 2013

Let the Adventure Begin!

Dia Dhuit (which is Gaelic for hello and is pronounced jee-ah ghwit)! I'm a junior at Boston College studying abroad at University College Dublin for the semester. If anyone is interested in learning more about UCD, here's a link to their website:

http://www.ucd.ie/

Right now, I'm at the San Francisco airport. In about an hour I'll be on a plane to Boston, and from there I'm flying to Dublin. If all goes as planned, I should be in Dublin tomorrow morning at 5:30 am Dublin time. When I tell people I'm spending a semester in Ireland, the first thing they usually say is, "Do you like Guinness?" I've never had Guinness, and that had nothing to do with my decision to go to Ireland. I'm an English major, and I wanted to study in the land of James Joyce, Oscar Wilde, and C.S. Lewis. This is my first time leaving America, and I'll be writing about my experiences here in "Dublin Diaries."

No comments:

Post a Comment